Located in the bottom floor of the library, the recording studio is a snug space that allows students to produce, record, and mix their music. Inside the booth, you can find an essential selection of audio equipment to create professional-caliber music. While most of the equipment is user friendly, a brief training session is required to ensure that the space is properly used and respected to provide a quality environment for aspiring and experienced artists alike.
How to access: bottom floor of the library, inside the Critical Making Studio.
Reserve the Music Studio
To reserve the audio booth in the CMS, you must attend a brief training session. Upon completion you will be added to a shared calendar and can reserve a time. This calendar will be used by circulation to confirm your access to the key.
Trainings are offered for Spring 2019 at the following times:
If you have questions, please email Jacob Sargent at email@example.com.
Equipment You Might Need:
Check out the equipment using the following link and pick them up at the cirulation dest.
Equipment circulation desk hours: M-F 3-5pm.
Mixer Mackie ProFX12
- Professional 12-channel Compact Mixer with onboard effects and USB I/O
- 6 low-noise, high-headroom Mackie mic preamps with easy LED metering
- 32-bit RMFX processor with 16 “Gig-Ready” reverbs, choruses and delays
- Precision 7-band graphic EQ for tuning Mains or Monitors
- USB I/O for recording shows and music playback via Mac or PC
- 4 full stereo channels plus extra stereo return for keyboards, external effects or stereo playback devices
- 60mm faders for input channels, returns and Main/Monitor masters
- 3-band active EQ (80Hz, 2.5kHz and 12kHz) on all channels
- Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar, bass and other instruments
- Insert, 100Hz low cut filter, and 48V phantom power on all mic channels
- Stereo RCA tape I/O with input level control
- Headphone output with separate rotary level control
- Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4-inch Main outputs
- FX mute with remote control via footswitch
- Break switch mutes all channels for music playback between sets
- Built-like-a-tank steel chassis with rugged, yet stylish ABS sidecheeks
- “Planet Earth” switching power supply for worldwide use
Rode On-Camera Mic
- 3.5mm aux audio cable
- hard shell case
Roland 32 Key MIDI Keyboard and Controller
Tascam 8 Channel Audio Interface
Wireless Lavalier Mic Pack
Shure SM57 1
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main source while reducing background noise
- Frequency response 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Located in the Audio Booth
Canon 50mm Lens
The Canon 50mm Lens includes the following items:
- Canon 50mm Lens
- Soft Lens case
- Front Lens cap
- Rear Lens cap